We are conducting research on the following topics. Follow the links to check the status of each task.
- Modeling of nanoparticle impact
- Confirmation of nanodroplet amorphization in materials other than Silicon
- Generation of large molecular ions in the purely ionic regime (up to 3 nm)
- Generation of small nanodrops (diameters below 10 nm)
- Maximization of beam mass flux in MEMS colloid thrusters.
- Study of nanodroplet beam structure and improving the life of MEMS thrusters
- Atomization of energetic fluids for dual electric/chemical propulsion, and chemically enhanced surface processing
- Characterization of unknown regimes in ILIS operation, unexplored interactions with materials, and investigation of solvated ion stability
- Molecular dynamics simulation of ion emission, clustering and ion fragmentation